Contract and Terms
Contract and Terms
Information & Terms: A non-refundable deposit and an authorized signature on your proposal will reserve your activities and date. The balance is due 3 days before the date of the event prior to setup. We reserve the right to set appropriate rules of conduct and age/weight/time limits in order to best facilitate your event and maintain a safe environment.
To reserve rental items, a signed contract, and a 25% non-refundable deposit must be paid within 10 days of receiving your first contract.
If your rental is less than 30 days away a full 100% payment must be made before your rental items can be reserved.
* To secure services for the Client’s scheduled event, the initial payment for services is due three (3) days after the Client schedules an event with Sunshine Party rental.
* If paying by credit card or debit card, initial payment is due when the reservation is made.
* If the reservation agreement is signed fewer than thirty (30) days prior to the Client’s event, full payment is due when the reservation is made.
Orders $500 or less
* Orders $500 or less must be PAID IN FULL when the reservation is made by credit card, or within three (3) days by check or money order.
* Sunshine Party rental has the discretion to accept a 25% non-refundable pre-payment on all orders.
Cancellation and Rain Policy: This contract, after signing, is a legal and binding contract. To reschedule, sufficient notice must be given – at least 30 days prior to the start of your event.
Only ONE rain date reschedule per customer per order allowed.
Cancellation of the event with less than 4 days notice will forfeit your 25% deposit and up to 100% of your rental total.
Cancellation after setup has begun forfeits any refund.
Postponement of the event with at least 30 business days’ notice may entitle you to use all or part of your deposit towards a timely rescheduled event at our discretion. Any rescheduled event is subject to the availability of activities at the time of notification of postponement. In the event, customer postpones the event date due to non-weather-related conditions, Sunshine Party & Event Rentals will make every effort to reschedule the rental of the same units on an alternate date. When the same units are unavailable for the rescheduled date, similar or like units may be available.
All cancellations 30 days or more before a scheduled rental will result in the deposit and any other monies paid being held as a rain check, which can be used at a later date (valid for up to three years). NO REFUNDS, only rainchecks for rescheduling a new date.
3. Cancellation within 48 hours of a scheduled rental (not weather-related) will result in a forfeiture of the paid deposit plus any amount paid towards the rental, neither refundable nor credited back to the customer (exceptions can be made).
In the event of light rain with a forecast for clearing skies, unit/s may be delivered and installed as requested. Sunshine Party & Event Rentals further requires that precipitation must have stopped and units are dried (wiped down) before resuming operation. For safety reasons, Sunshine Party & Event Rentals reserves the right to cancel the rental or deny reservations due to inclement weather In the event of wind conditions exceeding 15 MPH Sunshine Party & Event Rental units may be installed but not inflated for use until the wind condition improves to less than 15 MPH. If and when wind conditions rise in excess of 15 MPH, units must be evacuated, blowers disabled, and units deflated until the wind speeds decrease within acceptable limits.
We no longer allow any rentals for fraternity/college parties. Online reservations for such events will be canceled.
We reserve the right to cancel an inflatable rental due to unfavorable setup surface areas. We will not set up inflatables on large roots, cut roots, gravel, or areas over 10 percent dirt or sand.
Any non-weather-related cancellations within 10 days of the event date will forfeit the deposit and be subject to a $200 cancellation fee.
At Sunshine Party & Event Rentals, your children’s safety is our top priority. We will make every effort to deliver and set up each and every rental reservation; however, due to increased chances of injury or electrocution, we cannot set up if it is actively raining. For safety reasons, Sunshine Party & Event Rentals reserves the right to cancel the rental due to inclement weather.
Customers shall have the right to severe weather cancellation up to 4 days before rental. Upon installation of unit(s), however, unit(s) shall be considered rented and subsequently non-refundable.
This policy is limited to justifiable weather cancellations only and does not apply to ANY other reason for customer cancellation.
All pre-payments are considered non-refundable retainers. Therefore, all payments made to Sunshine Party rental are non-refundable under any circumstance. At its sole discretion, Sunshine Party rental may apply a booking fee to a future event.
To guard against fraud, chargebacks, and returned checks, Sunshine Party rental reserves the right to provide all details about an event to the City Attorney’s office for fraud investigation and possible prosecution. If a chargeback or a returned check occurs, the Client will be held 100% responsible, and payment in full will be due immediately upon demand by Sunshine Party rental.
All Sales/Rentals are final, with no refunds.
Hold Harmless Provision: Lessee recognizes and understands that the use of Lessor equipment may involve inherently dangerous activities. Consequently, lessee agrees to indemnify and hold lessor harmless from any and all claims, actions, suits, proceeding costs, expenses, damages, and liabilities, including reasonable attorney’s fees arising by reason of injury, damage, or death to persons or property in connection with or resulting from the use of said equipment including, but not limited to the delivery, possession, use, operation, or return of the equipment. Lessee hereby releases and holds harmless lessor from injuries or damages incurred as a result of the use of said equipment unless lessors operating the equipment and are deemed by a court of law to be negligent in their actions. Lessor cannot under any circumstances be held liable for injuries as a result of acts of God, nature, or other conditions beyond its control or knowledge. Lessee also agrees to indemnify and hold harmless lessor from any loss, damage, theft, or destruction of the equipment during the term of this contract and any extension thereof.
Lessee releases sunshine party & event rental from all liability for damages to the event premises as the result of the installation and use of sunshine party & event rentals provided equipment and/or from sunshine party & event rentals provided performance. Lessee assumes responsibility for any damage to Lessee-owned or third-party-owned premises. This includes any ordinary and expected damage to the ground caused by stakes used to secure items.
Before delivery of rental equipment, Lessee will make sure all sprinkler systems are shut off. In addition, Lessee will clearly identify underground utilities, secure clearance with local utility companies (i.e., call the Ohio Utilities Protection Service or OUPS-811), and clearly mark the ground to indicate underground obstructions. Lessee will alert sunshine party & event rentals before delivery if obstructions prevent sunshine party & event rental from using stakes; if not, sunshine party & event rental may not be able to make accommodations on the day of delivery. Lessee agrees to pay a service charge if other methods must be used to secure equipment without prior
Where needed, Lessee will make sure a water source is provided for water attractions and Lessee will provide a water hose to run from the water source to the setup location. Lessee further understands and agrees that water pressure or water hose(s) may affect the equipment’s performance. When well water is used as a water source for wet use equipment, Sunshine party rental will charge an additional cleaning fee.
Tent Rental Portion
1. Site evaluation – All setup locations for tent deliveries must be within 150′ of the driveway, parking lot, or another hard-safe drivable surface. We cannot and will not drive through your yard even if you give us permission to do so. All tent sites must be 100 percent flat with no grades or holes. You must provide 10′ of extra space on all sides for your tent setup. We cannot carry equipment through doorways, hallways, uphills, downhills, or up and down steps. We cannot set up equipment on property that is not owned by the renter unless we have a signed paper by the property owner giving permission for setup.
2. Equipment cleaning and site prep for pick-up- At the time of pick-up for your event, you must have all garbage, props, food, decorations, etc. out of the tent or away from tents before your scheduled pickup. We will charge a cleaning fee for every item left on our or around our equipment. All chairs must be stacked neatly on top of tables for pick-up by the time the pick-up drivers arrive.
We will contact you within two days before your event with an estimated delivery time for our arrival and set up at your location. (If your location has certain time constraints limiting access, we are more than willing to work within those if we are made aware.) Note: There is an additional fee for late same-night pickups.
Damage waiver If you pay the damage waiver fee, small damage (such as holes within an inch wide) is covered; however, we would charge an additional fee for rental items in need of extensive cleanup or damage to our items.
Chairs need to be stacked neatly and orderly back on the ground or chair dollies (if provided) with the seat facing up neatly. Otherwise, there may be a surcharge of 50 cents per chair for the additional labor involved. (Non-padded chairs stacked 50 high and padded chairs stack 25 high on stacks.)
Tables need to be broken down and staked no higher than stacks of 10 in the same spot they were delivered at. An additional $2 per table will be charged if not broken down and stacked.
Tent or set up marking If renting a tent, please have tent corners marked with stakes, sticks or spray paint before the delivery drivers arrive, as this helps speed up the process for your event. After the tent is set up or in the process of being
set up, we cannot relocate it without imposing additional charges.
Delivery location If delivery and set up is up or downstairs or up and down hills, elevators, or access obstructed (i.e. doors, gates, or fence), please let us know prior to your event, so we can amend the bill and allow additional time. If the delivery location is not easily accessible, let us know so we can adjust the price.
Unless otherwise arranged, tables and chairs will not be set up by us. We will deliver them and set them at a certain location, and this is where the tables and chairs need to be set back up for pick up unless we tell you otherwise.
Tent setup location When setting up a tent at your location, we must have at least 10 feet extra in all directions. Notify us ahead of time if this will be an issue, so we can do a site evaluation prior to your event. Tents must be set up on a flat surface and cannot be installed directly next to any objects, such as houses, barns, garages,s, etc. unless otherwise arranged. If the tent location is not set up on grass, where we are able to stake in the ground, please let us know. Concrete gravel cement asphalt etc. will be an additional charge for tent setups.
Tent sidewalls and heaters If renting tents with sidewalls, please do not remove them unless we tell you otherwise. We will show you how to safely open up the side walls. Sidewalls and heaters are the only items that will not be refunded if canceled within the week of your event.
No staples, tacks, or pins may be used to attach your own items to any equipment. Any adhesive, zip ties or other items used to hang your items must be removed before we pick up or there will be an additional charge. No tape should be used on the vinyl of the tent or the sidewalls.
Rental site obstacles in the way of setting up the rented equipment need to be removed from the area. That includes tree branches that could be hazardous to the tent, including animal waste and lawn items. We are not authorized to touch or move anything that could be in the way. If cleaning of the area takes more than 10 minutes, there will be a $10 charge for every additional 10 minutes after the first 10.
Drilling holes in the pavement is a $10 fee per hole. If we find out that upon delivery it is required to drill holes for the setup, there will be a charge of $10 per hole. We do not fill in holes after they are drilled unless otherwise arranged.
Invoice is to be paid in full prior to or at the time of customer pick up or delivery. 5. The renter is responsible for the loss or damage of items and will pay for the cost of replacement or repair. This cost will be assessed within 10 days of return and presented in a separate invoice payable within 15 days. The replacement value of items will be determined by age and condition at the time of rental. 6. There is no warranty that rented items are free of defects. 7. Renter takes full responsibility for proper setup to ensure each item is secure and safe to use. 8. The renter agrees that Sunshine Party and Event Rentals hold no liability for any damage or injury caused by the use of rental items to the renter or any third party. The renter assumes all risks of personal property damage or personal injury and if any accident involving Sunshine Party and Event Rentals’ items has occurred while it is in the renter’s possession, the renter shall make Sunshine Party and Event Rentals aware by a written statement of details of occurrence of an event, including a copy of the police report and any names and addresses of witnesses.
9. A $100 cleaning fee will be assessed if items are returned with excessive dirt, Mud, or debris or if anything needs to be cleaned upon pick up of rental items. 10. All food service items must be left for pickup or returned completely clean and wiped free of food. A $100 cleaning fee will be charged if items are left under or in the way of the rental items. this includes all table clothes cups, food, drinks, or any trash at is on any piece of rental items upon pick up. 11. Delivery is curbside unless noted otherwise on invoice/estimate. Set-up fees are a separate line item.
12. Returned checks will incur additional charges, including but not exceeding all bank fees plus a $50 processing fee.
13. Refund requests must be made in writing and will be responded to promptly by management. If equipment is ordered and delivered but not used, no refund will be approved.
14. Renter must be available at the time of delivery or pickup to count all items. Otherwise, Sunshine Party and Event Rentals counts will be considered accurate.
15. All decorations and trash of any kind should be removed from the area before we pick up any equipment. There will be an additional charge of $100 for any items that have to be removed before we can pack up our equipment. All chairs and tables should be stacked in designated locations in the same way they were dropped off or picked up. If chairs and tables are not stacked or folded, there will be a fee of 25 cents per chair or $1 per table that will be charged to the renter. Rental Agreement Contract 1. Warning! All items rented are covered by state law. Theft: No person shall retain in his possession rented items for a period of excess of three days after the rental date. PENALTY: Violators shall be fined not more than $1000 or imprisoned more than 90 days or both. We, the undersigned, agree to pay the going rent per day and if damaged in any way to pay for the same. We also agree that the company, Sunshine Party, and Event Rentals, will in no way be responsible for the injury to any persons, or property damaged when using rental equipment.
Sunshine Party and Event Rental, referred to as Lessor, shall be permitted to enter upon the premises and remove the equipment if necessary. It is hereby warranted and represented that the individual signing this agreement is authorized to do so on behalf of the customer, be it a corporation, partnership, or other entity. It is further understood the risk of loss of the equipment as well as any liabilities which may stem therefrom as it may pertain to the lessor or the customer during the items that the customer has possession of the equipment stated herein, said the risk of loss shall be that of the customer.
2. Title to the rented property is and at all times shall remain with the lessor. Only the parties hereto and those persons whose names are listed are authorized to use the property and the lessee will not permit the property to be used by any other person or at any other address other than the address listed on the invoice without the consent of the lessor.
3. In the event that the rental property becomes unsafe due to weather or other unforeseen conditions or it is in a state of disrepair, the lessee agrees to immediately discontinue use and promptly call the lessor.
4. At the termination of this lease agreement, the lessee will have the rented property and all of its parts and attachments returned to the lessor or available for pick-up on the agreed-upon date. It is to be returned or picked up in the same condition as it was received minus normal wear and tear. The lessee agrees to pay for any damage to the property or loss of its parts or attachments, while in his possession or control. Should collection or litigation become necessary to collect damage and or loss, the lessee agrees to pay all collection charges, including reasonable attorneys fees and court costs.
5. Lessor shall not be liable to the lessee for any loss, delay, or damage of any kind resulting from defects or inefficiency of the rented property or accidental breakage.
6. Lessee agrees to save harmless the lessor against all loss, damage, expense, and penalty arising from any action on account of any injury to person or property occasioned by the operation, handling, or transportation of the leased property during the rental period or while the property is in the possession or control of the lessee.
7. Lessee will not retain the rental property beyond the pickup time without prior notice to and the consent of the lessor. Lessee will pay the rental price in advance or with prior agreement with lessor, immediately upon return of the property. Should collection become necessary, the lessee agrees to pay all collection charges, including reasonable attorney’s fees and court costs.
8. Lessee waives and releases lessor from all claims or injuries to lessee arising out of the use of the rental property.
9. In the event of rain, the lessee may reschedule the date of the rental to any day that the rental equipment is available excluding holidays as long as the lessee has notified Sunshine Party and Event Rental and the new event date has been cleared.
10. Event rentals must be canceled at least 48 hours prior to the day of the rental. This may only be done once and the rescheduled date must be within the same calendar year of that on the contract date. If the customer received leased equipment lessor’s obligation to furnish equipment has been met.
11. The lessee will provide the lessor a signed contract and a 25 percent non-refundable deposit to guarantee the lessee’s rental equipment unless other arrangements have been made. 12. Should any items be returned unclean or broken, the lessee is responsible for paying all reasonable cleaning fees, repair costs, dry cleaning fees, or replacement costs by the lessor. An invoice for said items will be sent within five days or return.
1. Section 1711.551 of the Ohio Revised Code requires that” riders must obey all warnings and directions regarding this ride and behave in a manner that will not cause or contribute to injury to themselves or others. Failure to comply is a misdemeanor.”
2. State law requires an attendant at least 16 years of age at all times while the ride is in operation.
3. The rented equipment should not be operated if wind exceeds 15 MPH in rain or lightning conditions.
4. The attendant should assist the riders when they enter and exit the ride.
5. No food, drink, gum, confetti, or silly string is allowed in the inflatable equipment. Silly String will permanently damage equipment.
6. No pets are allowed in or around the ride. (There will be a $200 cleaning fee if such occurs)
7. All riders must remove their shoes, eyeglasses, hair clips, jewelry, buckles, pens, purses, and sharp objects prior to entering.
8. Riders should be sorted by similar age, weight, and height range. Larger older children should be segregated from smaller children. It is the responsibility of the attendant to ensure that the equipment is not overloaded.
9. The rated weight and occupant capacity should never be exceeded. Please refer to each ride’s posted capacity chart per the manufacturer’s recommendation.
10. While the ride is in operation, the attendant should watch the riders at all times. No roughhousing or horseplay should be tolerated. No somersaults, diving, wrestling, flips or rough play shall be permitted at any time. No climbing on the nets or walls is allowed. Anyone who does not obey the rules after being warned should be asked to exit the ride. 11. The attendant must strictly enforce the rules posted on the warning sign. 12 The attendant must remain in control of the ride at all times. NOTICES: IF we witness or hear of misuse or of no attendant, we have the right to shut the ride down immediately! No refunds.
ALL EQUIPMENT MUST BE WIPED CLEAN AND READY BY PICK UP TIME $25. FEE FOR BASIC CLEANING $50. FEE FOR ROUGH CLEANING (MUD, LEAVES, DIRT & WATER) $100. FEE FOR CLEANING CANDY, FOOD & GUM $200. FEE FOR CLEANING UP AFTER PETS IF ITEMS ARE NOT READY BY PICK UP TIME A $25 FEE PER 15 MIN. OF WAITING WILL APPLY If damage occurs, the LESSEE is responsible for repairs, loss of revenue, depreciation, shipping cost, and all other cost associated with repairs/replacement of the rental item(s). FULL REPLACEMENT COST & LOSS OF REVENUE, IF SILLY STRING IS USED OR EXCESSIVE DAMAGE OCCURS. BE SAFE, ATTENTIVE & HAVE A FUN TIME
Merger Clause: This signed Agreement in conjunction with the signed Instruction Manual and Reservation Form contains the entire agreement between the Lessor and the Lessee. No amendment, whether from previous or subsequent negotiations between the Lessee and the Lessor, shall be valid or enforceable unless in writing and signed by all parties to this contract. The invalidity or unenforceable of any particular provision of this Agreement shall not affect the other provisions hereof.
Lessor (Sunshine Party & Event Rental) will:
1. Provide the necessary staff to facilitate your event and power cords to reach up to 75′ if specified in the rental form.
2. Deliver, set up, tear down, and operate all activities with/without volunteer staff if specified in the rental form.
3. Carry a liability insurance policy covering our services & equipment.
Lessee (that’s you) will:
1. Provide _*electric*__ 110volt/20amp electric circuits. Included if you rent a generator
2. Provide any required entrance and parking passes within 100′ of the set-up location.
3. Provide a minimum of 1 adult volunteer(s) to operate the activities or more if specified on the rental form.
4. Provide a flat surface 10′ larger on all sides than your rental item specified on the invoice. (if not specified you must ask us for size or rental items.)